Security BSides Athens | Attendee Code-of-Conduct
Security BSides Athens is a conference by the information security community, for the information security community. Facilitating a pleasant atmosphere for all attendees is a core aim of the Security BSides Athens organisers and as an attendee/participant you agree to be bound by the Security BSides Athens Attendee Code-of-Conduct.
Purpose of this Code-of-Conduct:
• To ensure a constructive, inclusive and pleasant atmosphere for all volunteers and attendees of the Security BSides Athens conference.
• To ensure that all participants know what behaviour they have a right to expect from other attendees, volunteers and organisers.
• To ensure that all participants know what behaviour is expected of them whilst attending the Security BSides Athens conference.
Respect for Others
• Treat the organisers and volunteers with respect and follow any instructions given. The BSides Athens volunteers and organisers have given up a significant amount of time to facilitate this conference for the benefit of the attendees.
• Respect the presenters, do not talk among yourselves during their presentations, ensure your mobile phones are muted or switched off once you are attending a presentation, avoid leaving until the end of the presentation, as to minimize disruption to the other attendees and the presenter. Heckling and constant harassment of presenters will not be tolerated.
• Asking questions is what makes this a great community, but do respect the presenter’s method for handling questions (e.g. do not interrupt to comment or jump to ask a question if the presenter prefers questions at the end of the session) and do not monopolise the presenter/speaker (be concious of time and allow other attendees the opportunity to ask questions as well).
• Treat all present at the conference fairly and equally.
• Do not discriminate unlawfully against any person.
• Allow others to express themselves and understand that all views are important even if they are not the same as your own - as long as no offence is caused even if that is unintentionl.
Photographs and Recordings
We will be taking photographs during the whole event and we will be video-recording the sessions for both promotional and knowledge-sharing purposes. By signing up to the event (attending), you consent with Security BSides Athens to share such media to its online (social media platforms) and offline communication channels.