Security BSides Athens | Data Privacy Statement
Security BSides Athens is a conference by the information security community, for the information security community.
• Security BSides Athens respects your privacy. Your details used to register for the event are not disclosed to any third-parties (e.g. Sponsors, Statistics companies, etc.) without your knowlege. Hense, we ask you to register yourselves to the platforms we are using for the conference.
• The personal details that you provide to Security BSides Athens (which may include name, email, t-shirt size, and country) are only used to register for the event and to keep you informed.
• Your personal details are stored on specific Cloud-based platforms that enable Security BSides Athens to communicate and conduct the virtual conference. Personal details are not disclosed for any other purpose unless required by law. If you do not wish to provide us with your personal details for this purpose, then do NOT proceed any further.
• If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to Security BSides Athens. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Event's Photos & Recordings:
• By attending this event you consent to photography and video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition or reproduction to be used. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote events in the future. You release the Security BSides Athens event, its organizers and volunteers and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitising or publication and use of any photographs, videos and /or sound recordings. By entering the event premises you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, web casting, televising or other publication of these materials regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video or audio recording taken by Security BSides Athens or the staff designated to do so by Security BSides Athens and its organizers. You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before entering the event.
When do we contact you:
Security BSides Athens may contact you:
• in relation to any service, event, activity or online content you have signed up to.
• in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint.
• in relation to any contribution you have submitted to or about Security BSides Athens and our services, events and activities, including online blog posts, tweets or other media.
• to invite you to participate in surveys about Security BSides Athens services.
• to send information about our sponsors and forward any relevant invitations they request as part of their sponsorship package.
• to share specific job opportunities that have been shared with our Security BSides Athens community.
• to send you seasonal greetings (e.g New Year).
Offensive or inappropriate content:
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our Security BSides Athens websites (such as but not limited to events, social media account, etc.) or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Security BSides Athens services, Security BSides Athens may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where Security BSides Athens reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Security BSides Athens may use your personal information to inform relevant third-parties such as your employer, Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.